NZCCP Otago-Southland Branch workshop
Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered or Burnt out by borderline personality disorder?
- Date: TBC
- Time: TBC
- Venue: Dunedin Public Art Gallery, 30 the Octagon
This is a one-day workshop for clinical staff familiar with borderline personality disorder and who would like to explore what works and what hinders with this cohort of clients. The day starts with an overview of the diagnosis and issues arising, then picks out a few of the evidence-based approaches with practical ideas for your practice. The impact on teams and services is also addressed. Attendees are encouraged to bring a case of their own that they can have in mind as they engage with the material and the experiential exercises.
- Recognise BPD: Clarify the challenges of diagnosis of such a mixed group.
- Understand BPD: Consider the impact on the provider and the team.
- Respond to BPD: Evidence-based approaches with practical ideas to use in practice.
- Realise the Grand Canyon will not be filled!
About Diane Clare
- Qualifications: BA, MA (Hons), Dip. Clin. Psych., AFBPS
- Memberships NZCCP, NZAP, ISSTD, EMDR-NZ (Board Member).
- ACC Registered for Sensitive Claims and Mental Injury Claims.
- ACC Registered Supervisor.
Diane is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and is a seasoned presenter. She has worked in the field for 40 years first as a bereavement and relationship counsellor and began training as a psychotherapist before becoming registered as a clinical psychologist in 1993, conferred through the University of Canterbury NZ. She has completed a range of other training since that time and has worked across various settings in NZ and in the UK including intellectual disabilities, primary mental health care, secondary mental health care, forensic services, and university health services as well as private practice. She has a special interest in trauma-informed approaches to assist people with traumatic histories and attachment problems leading to a range of diagnoses including PTSD, personality disorder and dissociative disorders. She brings a wealth of knowledge, and a great sense of humour, and practicality in what she has to offer. Her other workshops are offered through GROW Ltd. Including ways of working with non-suicidal self-harm and navigating the complexities of ACC assessments for example. She is in private practice on the Kapiti Coast near Wellington.
Fees: (Morning and afternoon tea and lunch provided - please bring your own keep cup)
- NZCCP Members: $150 full day
- NZCCP Student Members: $70 full day
- Non-Members: $ 230 full day
- Non NZCCP student: $130 full day (evidence must be provided of enrolment in a training programme)