Applications are now open for the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences Endorsed in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (COBE401 paper) 2022 (Places are limited)
Course Fees: The course fees are funded by Te Pou (Skills Matter-MOH workforce development agency).
This Postgraduate Certificate paper is offered by the Department of Psychological Medicine at the University of Otago, Wellington. The course is specifically designed for registered health professionals working in Ministry of Health funded mental health services, who wish to extend their existing skills and qualifications.The course is both practical and applied and is designed so participants develop skills which enable them to use Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (CBT) in their workplace.
In 2022 we intend to offer teaching in both Wellington and Auckland. Address details to be advised. For Block Dates please see 2022 Block dates information sheet
To be considered applicants must meet all the following qualifying criteria.
Applicants must be:
- A registered health professional working in a mental health setting, with a minimum of two years' clinical experience
- Employed by a District Health Board or a Ministry of Health funded NGO or Primary Health Organisation
- Working at least 0.6 FTE in a mental health setting and must have access to ongoing work with clients
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizen or a Non citizen who holds a Permanent Residency Permit/Visa
- Applicants are also required to have individual supervision by a Clinical Psychologist with expertise in CBT (Supervisor Info Sheet)
- Applicants must have access to ongoing work with clients during the course year
- Applicants must have prior approval/support from their service manager (Important Manager Info Sheet)
Initial Enrolment is in two phases:
Phase One: complete online enrolment. Here are a few tips to get you started with the online University enrolment application process.
We recommend all applicants use Chrome or Edge Browser for this process.
To commence Phase one of enrolment go to: otago.ac.nz/courses/qualifications/apply
- Scroll down and select Health Sciences
- Select Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- Choose Qualification - click drop down - hi-lite Postgrad Cert HealSc Wellington 6022
- Click Apply - Returning student use the login option -New to Otago select Create an account
- Please note: you can bypass the essay section
Make sure you select - Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences qualification and then select the endorsement - Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- If you require assistance with this process please contact askOtago helpline 0800 80 80 98.
Phase Two: Once registered with the University, applicants complete the online Verification Form.
Here is the link: https://otago.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cGFEcLAE4M2fetM
As there is a clinical component to the CBT course it is crucial that applicants submit their Verification form and relevant documents by the close off date of 31st October, 2021, to ensure their application is considered.
- Notification of Application outcomes will be advised sometime in Mid-December or earlier if possible.
- If your application is successful you will be invited to continue with Phase Three of Formal University enrolment.
Once Formal University enrolment is complete funding is arranged by the University directly with Te Pou (no further application required)
Please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions and we will respond as soon as we are able.