Registrations are now open for the following trainings:
- Adapting DBT for private practice in Aotearoa/New Zealand - Friday 10th September 2021 - 11am to 12:30pm (NZT). A 90-minute web-based training focussing on providing elements of DBT within the constraints of NZ private practice settings. Click here for more information and to register online.
- Introduction to DBT - Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th September 2021 online. This two-day workshop is for mental health professionals who wish to acquaint themselves with DBT or who are considering further training in DBT. The training introduces the essential change-based and acceptance-based strategies, along with dialectical strategies and other elements that define the modes and functions of comprehensive DBT. We introduce a core selection of DBT skills. This training is provided online to reduce access barriers and avoid covid risks and uncertainties. Click here for more information and to register online.
- Postvention - Friday 15th October 2021 - 11am to 1.30pm (NZT). A 2 ½ hour, web-based, DBT-oriented interactive and experiential training that will focus on responding to a client suicide. Click here for more information and to register online.
- DBT Skills Essentials – Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th November 2021. This two-day web-based training covers the fundamentals of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills as well as how to set up teach skills (in individual sessions and groups) and overcome some common skills group problems. Details are being finalized and registrations will open soon. Click here for more information.
- Targeting Eating Disorders: Prioritising in DBT using the target hierarchy - Tuesday 16th November 2021 - 2:30pm to 4:30pm (NZT). A two-hour web-based training. Learn to use the standard DBT target hierarchy to target disordered eating with multi-diagnostic eating disorder clients who also have other life threatening and therapy interfering behaviours. Click here for more information.
- Using Dialectical Behaviour Therapy in the treatment of Complex Eating Disorders - Provisional dates: Tuesday 30th November 2021 - 2:30pm to 4:30pm (NZT). A two-hour web-based training: Learn to Integrate standard ED concepts and treatment strategies with DBT interventions when working with clients with complex eating disorders. Details are being finalized and registrations will open soon. Click here for more information.
Would your team like a specialist DBT consultation?
We are now offering two-hour web-based DBT case consultations for you and your team. One of our expert trainers can assist your team to develop a detailed case formulation and generate solutions to clinical challenges. Click here for more info.
In person training? We remain committed to resuming in-person training once the covid situation is more predictable.
DBTNZ is an international affiliate of the Linehan Institute that is commited to supporting high fidelity DBT implementation.