Where you’ll be working: Specialist Eating Disorder Service and Midland Region Expert Eating Disorder Hub
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
About the service:
Waikato DHB Specialist Eating Disorders Service (SEDS) is a small multi-disciplinary team providing service delivery to clients with complex and severe eating disorders, their families and communities. The Midland Region Expert Eating Disorder Hub tasks are to promote and develop Eating Disorder services in the five DHBS within the Midland Region.
About the role:
We are looking for a Registered Health Professional with experience at a senior level in providing evidence based treatment for clients with eating disorders, and service development of Eating Disorder Services.
Responsibilities of the role:
As the successful candidate you will be part of the SEDS and Midland Hub team providing clinical leadership in the following areas:
- Eating disorder services to clients and their families.
- Training, advice, consultation and other supervision to health professionals for the Midland Region Expert Hub for Eating Disorders.
- Consultation supporting service development for Midland Eating Disorder Services.
Required skills & experience:
- Brings an expert level of practice in working with clients with eating disorders (both mental health and medical presentations)
- Demonstrates advanced clinical care, utilizing evidence based best practice to facilitated client and service development.
- Has experience in the development of Eating Disorder Services, provision of Eating Disorder training, as well as consultation to other professionals and supervision in this clinical field.
- Is a team player and can work collaboratively with a range of disciplines.
- Has a relevant New Zealand annual practicing certificate, or is eligible to obtain one.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Waikato is the fourth largest region in New Zealand and located just south of Auckland. It features a wide range of world-class outdoor and cultural experiences. You can surf the world-famous beaches of Raglan, swim at the beautiful beaches of the Coromandel, hike our majestic mountain ranges, tour the Hobbiton shire, experience the magic of the Waitomo glowworm caves, and encounter a vast array of flora and fauna at the remarkable Maungatautari Ecological Reserve.
Situated on the banks of the mighty Waikato River, Hamilton is New Zealand’s largest metropolitan inland city. Hamilton’s vibrant city centre and rich cultural mix makes it an ideal place to experience the authentic friendly Kiwi lifestyle.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
If you would like to discuss this position prior to applying please contact Glenn Bradburn, Team Leader, email@example.com 021 791 332
Application closing date: 8 November 2020
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga