Self-employed Contracted Clinical Psychologist
HELP Auckland are looking for Clinical Psychologists who are registered with ACC for Integrated Services for Sensitive Claims OR who have the necessary work experience to get provisional registration with ACC to partner with us in our mahi to support and empower survivors in their healing from the effects of sexual violence.
We have multiple opportunities for therapists under our ACC Sensitive Claims counselling contract in the Auckland City and North Shore area due to high demand, but we are not limited to this area. We are also particularly looking for therapists who are interested in working with male survivors of sexual violence.
Hours of work would be at your discretion based on client needs, and in your own rooms. You will be a self-employed contractor with Auckland Sexual Abuse HELP Foundation as the Supplier, and you will be the Provider (our Affiliate).
We provide peer support and clear communication about any legislative and system changes, access to a client management software system and training opportunities. HELP staff will be available to assist you with advice around the ACC/ISSC process and the ISSC claims procedure. We have various ACC approved skills training or workshops that your clients can benefit from. We also provide a 24/7 crisis call line to support clients who are in distress.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in providing trauma therapy.
- Have membership with an appropriate professional body, with current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Have understanding of the dynamics of sexual violence and the impacts on survivors & their families.
- Have a systemic understanding of the dynamics of couples & families.
- Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
- Be experienced in writing reports.
- Have registration with ACC Sensitive Claims or eligibility to apply for registration.
- Be willing to engage in continuous professional development
For suitably experienced candidates, HELP can assist therapists in obtaining ACC registration. The nature of this work can be personally challenging, and so an appropriate clinical supervision arrangement is required.
For further information or expression of interest, please contact:
Emily Thomas, Therapy Services Manager
Ph: 022 191 7514