Permanent Full Time or Part time
Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist to join our highly skilled interdisciplinary rehabilitation team.
About the role
Our Psychology Services continue to expand and we need an experienced professional to provide quality psychological and neuropsychological services to our client group. We are looking for an experienced Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist, who enjoys community and residential based work within a supportive interdisciplinary team. You must be skilled in conducting neuropsychological and psychological assessments and providing therapy and rehabilitation.
Preferably you will have experience working in neurorehabilitation with clients with neurological disorders such as traumatic brain injury, and with complex psychological presentations. Applications are encouraged both by senior psychologists and those who are more recently qualified.
Working with a large permanent team of Clinical Psychologists and Neuropsychologists, you will also have plenty of support from the wider inter-disciplinary team. You will be involved with a variety of clinical work (assessment, rehabilitation interventions, therapy and group work) for injury-related rehabilitation. There is also the potential to use or extend your skills into other types of work such as clinical supervision, contributing to services for family members of clients with brain injuries or contributing to research projects and other upcoming service developments.
The role is based in Christchurch, but some travel will be necessary as we cover a large geographical area.
What we offer
- A friendly team focussed working environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- A commitment to providing ongoing professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement of APC and Professional Memberships.
- Gym membership at corporate rates.
- A qualified, motivated, NZPB registered Clinical Psychologist/ Neuropsychologist with a minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- Specialist skills and experience in Neuropsychology.
- A team player who puts clients and their whanau at the centre of everything they do.
- Experience with upskilling and supporting other team members.
- Some experience working on ACC contracts, and research experience, would both be desirable, though not essential.
- Willing to work within the Mission and Vision of Laura Fergusson Trust
- Willing to work to our values:
- We care
- We are respectful
- We are inclusive
- We do it right
- Confident in working in a fast paced, quick changing environment alongside other members of the team.
The Laura Fergusson Brain Injury Trust is an independent, not-for-profit, community and residential rehabilitation provider. The Rehabilitation division specialises in community-based rehabilitation services for people who have suffered traumatic brain injuries, though also works with clients with other injuries and psychological conditions such as spinal injuries or PTSD following injury.
Don't miss this opportunity to work with a great team, great clients and in a fun and flexible working environment.
For more information and a copy of the position description, visit our website www.lfbit.co.nz or contact Nic Ward, Clinical Lead Psychology or Pat Hopkins Clinical Manager Rehabilitation on 03 335 0541
Call to Action:
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to Careers@lfbit.co.nz by 21 July 2020